CLASS CALENDAR (mini and expanded)
To see classes only on the calendar on the right, click on the 'class' button. To see an expanded calendar, follow this link (Click Here) and select class button at the bottom of the calendar
- January 7: Introduction to Modern Bridge - an overview of the game we love
- Game Description & Goals of Bridge
- Stages of the Game: Auction, Play of the Hand
- Fee $10 (enroll in 6 week beginner series before January 3 and the intro morning is FREE!)
- January 14 through February 25 (no class February 18): Modern Bridge Part 1 - Bidding and Play of the Hand
- For beginning students and those returning to bridge
- Fee $90 for the 6 week series
- Classes include: Hand-outs, exercise sheets, 4-6 bridge hands to play, hand records, and review sessions. No partner needed
Please contact JaneDober@gmail.com to register for the class, or for more information.
- Takeout Doubles
- Slam Bidding
- 2 Over 1
- January 9 - Leads against Suit Contracts.
- January 16 - Getting to the Right Contract!
- January 23 - How to Play a Bridge Hand!
- January 30 - The Bones of Bidding.
Join us at the tables on Wednesday Mornings. If you have any questions or plan to join us for EasyBridge 2 and need a book, email Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org
- the need for inverted minors
- the meaning of ALL inverted minor bids, responses, and splinter bids
- the slam advantage of using Inverted Minors
Registration: Please contact Robert Irani (949) 493-7657 or email@example.com
Come alone, or bring your partner, or even your favorite bridge group. The more the merrier. Just remember to BYO smile! The bridge club is a great place to meet new people.
$10 per person. We will start with a mini-lesson, then play 12 to 18 pre-dealt interesting hands. You will receive records of the hands you played so that you can review them, ask questions, and learn.
- January 17 - Preempts and the Law of Total Tricks
- Opener preempts, overcall preempts
- Preempting your partner's opening bid
- Preempting on the 2, 3, 4, and 5 level
- How the Law of Total Tricks affects partner's preempts and competitive auctions
Please contact Jane Dober for more information and to sign up for the game. Let her know if you would like us to find a partner for you. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be part of a 4some instead of the usual 2some.
- We can help you put your teams together.
- Your team gets to play both directions - NS and EW.
- Find out why many players LOVE teams, even more than pairs.
- This is not your everyday bridge :)
- Team games are energizing!
- Get ready for tournament play.
- Prepare to play teams at our upcoming Club Sectional January 26-27 where you can earn lots of SILVER.
- Then try KNOCKOUTS at the next Regional and earn mega GOLD.
- Your are going to want those colors to become a LIFE MASTER and teams are the fastest way to earn colors.
- Learn the subtleties of team strategy for competing and scoring.
- Team scoring takes the pain out of making one less trick.
- Get the glory for bidding the games and slams.
- Fear not! You will catch on quickly!
Pre-registration is required. Please contact Marti so that she can organize the event: email@example.com
$10 per person.
- January 4 - Gerber - Asking for Aces over a NT Bid
- January 11 - Michaels - Showing a 2-suited hand when your opponents have bid
- January 18 - Unusual NT - Another way of showing a 2-suited hand when your opponents have bid
- January 25 - New Minor Forcing
- The need for XYZ
- The meaning of all XYZ & XYNT bids, responses, and splinter bids
- The GREAT slam advantage of using XYZ & XYNT
To register: Please contact Robert Irani (949) 493-7657 or firstname.lastname@example.org