CLASS CALENDAR (mini and expanded)
To see classes only on the calendar on the right, click on the 'class' button. To see an expanded calendar, follow this link (Click Here) and select class button at the bottom of the calendar
- Setting up the Long Suit - The Importance of Transportation between Declarer & Dummy
- When to take a Finesse, how to take a Repeated Finesse
- In a Suit Contract - Getting Rid of Losers
- Trumping Losers in Dummy
- Pulling Trump - and When to Delay Pulling Trump
- a relaxed atmosphere with time to consider bids and other options
- real time assistance from the instructor to help you get to the correct contract
- an opportunity to practice with players like you who are learning the game
- a chance to make new friends!
There will be a brief lesson before you play:
- July 17th - 2 over 1 auctions
- July 24th - 2 Club Openers and Slam bidding
- July 31st - Review of July topics
- August 7th - Filling out the Convention Card
- August 14th - Duplicate Scoring and Bridgemates
Join us for a short lesson followed by playing 12-15 hands that support the lesson. You can earn Master Points while playing in this friendly game. We are considered Supervised Play and you can ask any questions you have about the bidding or play of the hands in this relaxed atmosphere.
Come alone and we will give you a super partner, or bring your favorite partner. All lessons stand alone so drop in anytime. No reservations needed. You pay the $10 card fee when you attend for great bridge.
In August, we have a great visiting Teacher/Director Scott Campbell
- August 1 - Stayman/Transfer Bids
- August 8 - Scott Campbell - TBA
- August 15 - Scott Campbell - TBA
- August 22 - Scott Campbell - TBA
- August 29 - Barometer Game
Join us at the tables on Wednesday Mornings 9-11:30. Contact Sharon Rippy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Come alone, or bring your partner, or even your favorite bridge group. The more the merrier. Just remember to BYO smile! The bridge club is a great place to meet new people.
$10 per person. We will start with a mini-lesson, then play 12 to 18 pre-dealt interesting hands. You will receive records of the hands you played so that you can review them, ask questions, and learn.
Please contact Jane Dober for more information and to sign up for the game. Let her know if you would like us to find a partner for you. email@example.com
- August 9th: Gary Waldron on "Transfers"
- August 23rd: Susan Kissinger on "Hand evaluation ~ Points and Distribution"
- September 13th - Ellen O'Brien on "Preempts"
9:30 - 11:30 - Let's Play Bridge!
We will play 10 to 12 "boards" (bridge hands), "duplicate style" but in a relaxed social setting.
Duplicate Style means everyone plays the same cards instead of shuffling and playing random hands. Why? Because that levels the playing field. If you get 'good cards', then everyone else sitting your direction gets good cards as well. If you get 'bad cards', you are not alone. The challenge is, how well will you do with the exact same cards?
You will receive hand outs after the game showing the cards you played and we will discuss them together so that everyone can review and learn.
Entry fee: $10
Please contact Marti - firstname.lastname@example.org or Frances (949) 697-6446 to RSVP, with any questions, or if you would like us to find a partner for you.
This month we have dispensed with the lesson so that you can play more boards! The game will still begin at 9 AM SHARP! Only $10 Card Fee for a great game with wonderful people and good snacks! Lessons resume in September.
Dates this month are August 3, 10, 17, and 24. August 31 will be a BAROMETER GAME.
Please come and join our group, no partner needed. We guarantee you will play. This is a very fun and friendly group.
- Get to the best game contract
- Explore the possibility of slam
Class includes - Weekly Handouts, 12 pre-dealt hands to support each lesson, weekly review session & quizzes, 2 supervised play sessions, lively conversations, fun and challenging hands, cue-bidding on the way to slam
The perfect class for the Advancing Beginner to experienced bridge player.
Please contact Janedober@gmail.com for more info or to register for the class.
- Overall view of defense
- Opening leads
- Third hand play
- Second hand play
- Lead directing doubles
- Learning to always think bridge
- Carding and discarding
$90 for the 6 week series
Please enroll in advance: email@example.com or call (949) 697-4944