CLASS CALENDAR (mini and expanded)
To see classes only on the calendar on the right, click on the 'class' button. To see an expanded calendar, follow this link (Click Here) and select class button at the bottom of the calendar
- May 7 - What the Red X card means; Takeout Doubles
- May 14 - All about the Rebid; how to show Minimum, Medium, and Maximum Opening hands. When to jump: in your suit, in your partner’s suit, or jump shift.
- May 21 - Supervised Play day - A full morning, with 12-14 pre-dealt hands to play and to practice Opening at the 1,2,3 & 4 level. Competitive Bidding challenges, Overcalls, Takeout Doubles, Rebids
- May 28 - Enjoy Memorial Day with friends & family
- April 3, 10, 17 - 1NT Forcing & 2/1 bidding systems
- April 24, May 1 - Preempts
- May 8 - Negative Doubles
- May 15 and 22 - Slam bidding (Blackwood & Gerber)
Classes will include interactive presentations on topic(s) of the day interspersed with play of practice hands, hand records, and analysis.
Fee: $80 for the series payable at first class.
Additional $20 for those who do not yet own the Jim Ricker student workbook.
- May 29 - Competitive Bidding (overcalls/takeout doubles)
- June 5 - Play of the Hand (leads, attitude, signaling; advanced hand evaluation)
- June 12 - Play of the Hand (cont.)
- June 19 - Preempts (opening weak hands with long suits)
- June 26 - 1NT opening bid & overcall plus Stayman and Transfers
- May 2 - Preempting with two Suits
- May 9 - Signaling
- May 16 - New Minor Forcing
- May 23 - Can you Count?
- May 30 - Barometer Game
Come alone, or bring your partner, or even your favorite bridge group. The more the merrier. Just remember to BYO smile! The bridge club is a great place to meet new people.
$10 per person. We will start with a mini-lesson, then play 12 to 18 pre-dealt interesting hands. You will receive records of the hands you played so that you can review them, ask questions, and learn.
Please contact Jane Dober for more information and to sign up for the game. Let her know if you would like us to find a partner for you. email@example.com
TELL A FRIEND!
This one little red card really packs a punch. It has more meanings than any other card in the bidding box. Marti will help you sort through these, so you and partner can better communicate.
A Mentor will be at each table to facilitate using the new material and to give you tips as you bid and play prepared hands. Hand records will be available. Class fee: $10
Please email Maggie Briskie ASAP to reserve your spot and so that she can arrange the right number of volunteer mentors:
Send her: Your name, approximate number of master points, and if you are coming with or without a partner. If you are coming with a partner, send her their name and approximate points. If you don't have a partner, no worries - let her know and we will get one for you.
- May 4 - Top five director calls
- May 11 - Losing trick count
- May 18 - Opening light in the 3rd seat: Drury
- May 25 - Barometer game
41 Calle del Norte
Rancho S. Margarita CA 92688