CLASS CALENDAR (mini and expanded)
To see classes only on the calendar on the right, click on the 'class' button. To see an expanded calendar, follow this link (Click Here) and select class button at the bottom of the calendar
- Responder uses it with values that are game invitational or better, asking partners to describe their hands further
- Responder has a bid to show a hand too weak to invite
One-day-only class includes hand-outs, 12 pre-dealt boards to play that support NMF, an exercise sheet, and hand records.
Bring your bridge playing to a new level. $15 - No partner needed.
To pre-register or for further information, contact Jane at Janedober@gmail.com.
(As a follow-up to NMF, Jane will offer a 4th Suit Game Forcing class in December.)
- November 20 - Opening & Responding to Major & Minor Suits
- November 27 - Opening 1NT/Stayman & Transfers
- December 4 - Carding. Attitude & Leads
- December 11 - All About Overcalls
- December 18 - Competitive Bidding Overview
Mini-lesson and extensive practice play with mentors supporting lesson of the day.
Meet new friends. Challenge your mind. Hone your bridge skills.
The fee is $10 per class. To register (strongly encouraged) or for more information, please contact Marti Moss at email@example.com
Join us if you want a review, if you're just learning bridge, or maybe you're a social player wanting to learn modern duplicate bidding.
Each week we have a mini lesson, then play hands that reinforce the lesson. We have a workbook with good review exercises. The classes are $10 for each lesson attended.
You can join us with or without a partner. We will find you a great partner.
- November 7 - No Trump Responses
- November 14 - Bigger Offensive Hands
- November 21 - FEAR! Preempts
- November 28 - Rockcrushers
Hope to see you at the tables on Wednesday Mornings 9-11:30. With questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 24 - Bidding 1NT - beyond the basics
- 5 card majors?
- 6-card minors
- 5-4-2-2 Distribution
- Singleton honors
- 15-17 points or something else?
- October 31 - Why you should like playing the 1NT Contract
- How to maximize your tricks and limit your risk
- November 7 - Playing 3NT
- Tricks (and over-tricks) of the trade
- November 14 - 3NT or another contract - How to decide
- A wide discussion of various bidding techniques to help you find the best contract
If requested, we will have a fifth session to review all that has been learned and to play and discuss practice hands.
Come alone, or bring your partner, or even your favorite bridge group. The more the merrier. Just remember to BYO smile! The bridge club is a great place to meet new people.
$10 per person. We will start with a mini-lesson, then play 12 to 18 pre-dealt interesting hands. You will receive records of the hands you played so that you can review them, ask questions, and learn.
- November 1: JUMP SHIFTS - Are they game forcing? What are they telling partner?
- November 15: The power of the preempt - preempting after opponents open the bidding.
Please contact Jane Dober for more information and to sign up for the game. Let her know if you would like us to find a partner for you. email@example.com
- November 8: Guest presenter Susan Kissinger - Playing and Defending 1NT and The Rule of 11
- November 29: Presenter Marti Moss - Overcalls
10:00 - 11:30 - Let's Play Bridge!
We play 10 to 12 "boards" (bridge hands), "duplicate style" but in a relaxed social setting.
Duplicate Style means everyone plays the same cards instead of shuffling and playing random hands. Why? Because that levels the playing field. If you get 'good cards', then everyone else sitting your direction gets good cards as well. If you get 'bad cards', you are not alone. The challenge is, how well will you do with the exact same cards?
You will receive hand outs after the game showing the cards you played and we will discuss them together so that everyone can review and learn.
Entry fee: $10
Please contact Marti - firstname.lastname@example.org or Frances (949) 697-6446 to RSVP, with any questions, or if you would like us to find a partner for you.
- Taking all your chances, to double your chances of making your contract with one trick to go. Over the summer, I read through 100 hands on this topic. We will go over the five best.
- Dummy reversal - when to ruff in the declarer's hand rather than in the dummy.
These are the easiest to learn and execute.
There will also be a third and final page on the bridge judgment handouts.
In the first 5 minutes, I will review the Simple Squeeze hand to make sure everyone knows the simple squeeze just naturally happens. You just have to play normally and watch!
Fee for November 13: $15
- November 2 - Balancing Doubles
- November 9 - Pre-empts & Responses
- November 16 - STaC Game
- November 23 - No Game - Thanksgiving Holiday
- November 30 - Barometer Game
- Tuesday December 4: Intermediate Bridge Judgement - when to open, when to pass
- Thursday December 6: Double Trouble - when to double, is partner's double for takeout? Or penalty?
- Tuesday December 11: When they interfere with our bidding to mess us up!
- Thursday December 13: When we interfere with their bidding to mess them up!
- Tuesday December 18: Splinters and how to safely bid and make slams with 27 HCP.
- Thursday December 20: Hardy Raise - Are you ready to go beyond Bergen Raises?
Attend all or selected classes
Fee: $80 for full series or $15 per class
Registration: Please contact Robert Irani (949) 493-7657 or email@example.com