CLASS CALENDAR (mini and expanded)
To see classes only on the calendar on the right, click on the 'class' button. To see an expanded calendar, follow this link (Click Here) and select class button at the bottom of the calendar
- a relaxed atmosphere with time to consider bids and other options
- real time assistance from the instructor to help you get to the correct contract
- an opportunity to practice with players like you who are learning the game
- a chance to make new friends!
There will be a brief lesson before you play:
- March 5 - Takeout Doubles: Should you double or should you overcall?
- March 12 - Pre-empts: Weak 2's, Opening at the 3 and 4 levels
- March 19 - Strong 2 Club Opening Bid: Responses, Slam Bidding
- March 26 - Practice Play Smorgasbord
No partner required!
For information: Marti Moss firstname.lastname@example.org ~ OR ~ by telephone: Ellen O'Brien at (949) 369-9020
Class fee is $10 per session
NOTE: These sessions will not award Master Points
- March 6 - Playing & Defending NT
- March 13 - Weak Two Bids for Republicans & Democrats
- March 20 - Ruffing in the Short Hand
- March 27 - BAROMETER GAME: We will play 12 boards. Everyone plays the same boards simultaneously. After each round we will stop to discuss, dissect, and analyze the hands - the bidding, lead, declarer play, and defense. All and any of your questions will be answered. Each hand provides learning opportunities. Come with a partner or we can find you a partner.
Join us at the tables on Wednesday Mornings. If you have any questions or plan to join us for EasyBridge 2 and need a book, email Sharon at email@example.com
- Be part of a 4some instead of the usual 2some.
- We can help you put your teams together.
- Your team gets to play both directions - NS and EW.
- Find out why many players LOVE teams, even more than pairs.
- This is not your everyday bridge :)
- Team games are energizing!
- Get ready for tournament play.
- Prepare to play teams at our upcoming Club Sectional January 26-27 where you can earn lots of SILVER.
- Then try KNOCKOUTS at the next Regional and earn mega GOLD.
- Your are going to want those colors to become a LIFE MASTER and teams are the fastest way to earn colors.
- Learn the subtleties of team strategy for competing and scoring.
- Team scoring takes the pain out of making one less trick.
- Get the glory for bidding the games and slams.
- Fear not! You will catch on quickly!
Pre-registration is required. Please contact Marti so that she can organize the event: firstname.lastname@example.org
$10 per person.
- March 8: STaC Game - No lesson so we can play more boards. Come get your SILVER POINTS!
- March 15: Play of the hand - You won the contract, now what?
- March 22: Signals - What you play will convey information to your partner. Give the right signal.
- March 29: BAROMETER GAME: We will play 12 boards. Everyone plays the same boards simultaneously. After each round we will stop to discuss, dissect, and analyze the hands - the bidding, lead, declarer play, and defense. All and any of your questions will be answered. Each hand provides learning opportunities. Come with a partner or we can find you a partner.
- April 4: Play of the Hand in NT - Finesses & Setting up the long suit
- April 18: Play of the Hand in a suit contract - Pulling Trump or Delaying the pulling of trump to trump losers