- Mentoring is on February 17 (contact Maggie Brisk at email@example.com)
- A Unit Championship game is scheduled for the 18th.
- Club Championship games: The 19th and 20th, plus the 22nd, 23rd and 28th are Club Championship Games.
- An ACBL-wide Charity game is scheduled for the 21st.
- This month's Barometer Game is on February 23 (contact Susan Bristol at firstname.lastname@example.org)
We will soon be preparing the new 2018 Member Roster. We had previously asked all of you to go online at ACBL.org and make sure that your ACBL profile information is exactly how you would like it to appear in our club Roster. We will include your name, address, telephone number(s) and email as provided by ACBL unless you request otherwise.
Once we receive the February ACBL Roster, we will print a copy and leave it at the Director’s Desk. At that point, please review it carefully and be sure all the information is accurate. If yes, please initial. If you prefer that some information not be included in the printed Roster, please cross it out and initial your request. If there are any corrections, please note those (legibly!) and initial. If you cannot get to the club, please email email@example.com with any corrections. Thank you.
Grand National Teams
The GNT (Grand National Teams) is an ACBL premium event that qualifies teams for the National Final at the Summer Nationals, which this year are in Atlanta. One team from each of the four strata shown below will represent our district at the Nationals. Our District 22 holds its two-day GNT finals this year April 7th and 8th for Open and B flights, and April 28th and 29th for A and C flights, at SOCBC. Qualified players may play in their flight and/or any higher flight.
Players interested interested in playing in the District final must qualify for their flight. Clubs and units may hold GNT qualifying games up through April 6, 2018. See the D22 site under GNT for our District’s COCs. At SOCBC we are running GNT qualifying games every Wednesday evening (except for STaC week and during the San Diego Regional), and on the 4th Sunday of each month, through April 4th. Even if you are not planning to go to the Summer Nationals, the GNT qualifying games pay extra masterpoints. We encourage every player to form a team to participate in the qualifying Swiss Team events, play in the District finals and, if you win, play in the National final. It is both fun and a great experience.
Eight-is-Enough games are normally held on the second Thursday of the month, barring conflicts with other events. To calculate your point count for these games, 0-900 master points = 1 point, 901-1800 master points = 2 points, 1800+ master points = 3 points, up to a limit of eight points for the team.
Sunday Unit & Swiss Team Games
In 2018, all Sunday Unit games will start promptly at 12:30 PM following a theme lunch at noon. We offer a 0-299 Masterpoint game as well as an Open Game on Thursday afternoons. The 4th Sunday Swiss Team game will also start at 12:30 PM, with a light lunch at noon.
- Two-over-One. Monday mornings at 9:30 AM. Classes by Jane Dober. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Easybridge III+. Sally's legacy continues on Monday evenings at 6:30 PM. Contact Trudi Hanscom at email@example.com
- Beginning Bridge I, an eight-week class by Marti Moss, continues on Tuesdays at 9:30 AM. Contact Marti Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EasyBridge 2 is on Wednesday mornings at 9:00 AM. Contact Sharon Rippy at email@example.com
- Play of the Hand is a six-week course offered by Hal Binder starting on February 15 at 9:30 AM. Contact Hal at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For New Players (0-99 MP): Come and improve your game with a 30-minute lesson followed by a game. Fridays at 9:00 AM sharp! Contact Susan Bristol at email@example.com or Trudi Hanscom at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.